Helping you to weather the storm
STANDING BESIDE YOU WHEN YOU MAKE A CLAIM
The point of insurance is to get you back on your feet when something unexpected happens and as your brokers, we will support you through the process – we will stand side by side with you. Even if you’re not going to make a claim, please give us a call to let us know what has happened. With all and any claims, speed is of the essence, so please try and react quickly post-loss.
Be ready with the following information when reporting a claim to your insurer:
- Your full contact details (or the policyholders if you are acting on their behalf. If you are acting on the policyholders behalf, you will require a written mandate from the policyholder given consent for this).
- Policy number.
- Date and location of the loss.
- Payee and VAT details.
Depending upon the size of the loss, your insurer will also appoint a Loss Adjuster to manage the claim. There are also likely to be other suppliers and trades people involved – the various specialists who can secure your premises, make urgent repairs and getting your systems and machinery up and running. It is, therefore, important you allocate the necessary time to enable access to your premises or to discuss with you or your Lorega expert, the details of the loss.
USEFUL INFORMATION AND ACTION YOU SHOULD TAKE
- Don’t admit any fault or liability.
- Immediately report to the police any loss, theft or malicious damage and make a note of the crime reference number.
- Secure your premises or arrange to have any urgent temporary repairs carried out, to stop any more damage or loss. Keep your invoices and any damaged items for inspection later. Your insurers may be able to assist you locate emergency repair companies to help you with the repairs. So please contact them on the numbers below or contact Lorega if you have Loss Recovery Insurance.
- Notify your insurers if any third party or employee is injured as a result of your business operations or suffers a loss.
In order to manage your claim, your insurers may require the following supporting documents as relevant:
- Proof of purchase invoices / receipts / photographs (before or after the incident).
- Estimates for replacement or repair – at least two.
- Expert reports.
- Your financial accounts in the case of a business interruption claim.
- Any correspondence from a third party if you’re being held responsible for an injury or damage.
For injury claims by a third party or employee, the following would be helpful:
- Witness statements and contact information of all relevant parties.
- Employee payroll information.
- First aid or accident report logs.
- HSE forms or minutes from any health and safety meetings.
- Training records.
- Photographs and / or CCTV footage.
- Evidence of the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintenance logs for the machinery on your premises.
- Risk assessment reports.
LOREGA LOSS RECOVERY INSURANCE
If RS Risk Solutions has arranged Lorega Loss Recovery Insurance for your property and business interruption or cyber claims, they will provide to you an expert Loss Adjuster who acts for you throughout the process – helping you to prepare and negotiate your claim with your insurers. They offer a 24/7 helpline and will get to work immediately on your behalf.
For our clients with Lorega Loss Recovery Insurance – contact Lorega on 020 7767 3070 or go to: – www.lorega.com/contact
INSURANCE COMPANY BUSINESS CLAIMS CONTACT INFORMATION
If you suffer a loss and wish to talk to your insurers about making a claim, firstly, please refer to your policy documents to locate the correct claims team based on the type of loss you have suffered. You can find your policy documents on your Knowledge Zone.
Or go to the insurer’s website to obtain telephone numbers, notification forms and information about the action you should take following an incident.
Please find below a list of insurers’ websites which will give you relevant claims information:
|HSB Engineering||CLICK HERE|
|Liverpool Victoria||CLICK HERE|
|MS Amlin||CLICK HERE|
|Magenta Insurance||CLICK HERE|
The team at RS Risk Solutions are here to help – if you wish to discuss the details of a loss and / or potentially making a claim, please call us on: 01342 580106 Monday to Friday, during normal office hours or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with your usual RS Risk Solutions’ contact.
Loss Recovery Insurance
The team at RS Risk Solutions will always be at your side at a time of loss.
Claims can be both complex and disruptive to you and your business or your home. RS Risk Solutions want to make this challenging time as smooth and seamless as possible, which is why we recommend to our clients that they purchase Loss Recovery Insurance (LRI) from Lorega.
Lorega is the UK’s leading claims expert, Expert Loss Adjusters, who work independently of your insurance company, to ensure your claim is settled quickly and fairly
They also offer a telephone based service at a lower cost called Lorega 10.
For more information, go to: https://www.lorega.com/loss-recovery-insurance/
Lorega has been operating for over 30 years and the Loss Recovery Insurance policy they offer provides an expert loss adjuster, who will help you prioritise, make safe your business or home, gather the correct documentation, as well as negotiate and settle the claim with your insurers. They will work with you throughout the process.
As per Lorega’s website, their service includes:
- A quick response at the time of crisis, minimising disruption to homes or businesses
- 24/7 policyholder helpline, with all claims reported to us receiving a call back within the hour and a guaranteed visit from a Chartered Loss Adjuster within 24 hours.
- No upper limit on the size of the claim or the time involved, so policyholders can get on with their lives, rather than being involved in complex negotiations with their insurance company.
- Dedicated claims experts on hand throughout the process, from first notification to final settlement, giving professional advice to help reduce the impact of a loss..
- Lorega 10 policyholders will have up to 10 hours of telephone advice with a highly experienced Loss Adjuster, to give practical guidance on their claim
- Insurance products fully underwritten by Hiscox or Kiln (Standard and Poor’s A Rated and Lloyd’s A rated)