- Is your Holiday Home adequately insured?
Holiday home ownership is growing in popularity again following the Covid pandemic, however, industry research reveals that one-third of UK holiday homeowners have the wrong insurance, mistakenly believing that a main residence home insurance policy will cover their holiday home as well. Most home insurance policies do not include cover for holiday homes and many insurers deem them as too risky, since owners often leave them unattended for months at a time, exposing them to theft, potential loss of rental income and more.To establish if your holiday home is adequately insured and to discuss your holiday home insurance requirements, contact the expert team at RS Risk Solutions: email@example.com or 01342 580106
- Have you protected your Holiday Home ready for the winter?As the holiday season comes to an end, holiday homeowners must prepare their second homes for the winter.Maintenance TasksAlong with purchasing bespoke cover, perform the following maintenance to ensure your holiday home stays safe:
- Turn off the utilities: Turn off the water and unplug all electronic devices. Maintain heat in the property to at least 12C.
- Insulate the home’s exterior pipes: Ensure that all the waterlines are drained and the pipes are properly insulated.
- Inspect the seals around windows and doors for any leaks and have the gutters cleaned.
- Lock up valuables, ideally in a safe with the appropriate cash rating, or remove them from the property if possible. Remove valuable items so they are not on display from the windows.
- Perform maintenance on vehicles before securely locking them away.
- Schedule lawn maintenance: Have any nearby trees trimmed, any garden tools securely stored and the lawn mowed.
- Activate security devices: Make sure the home is fitted with security devices such as alarms and window locks to deter thieves.Each holiday home is unique, making bespoke cover and relevant risk management vital. For more information on protecting your holiday home, contact RS Risk Solutions